Saturday, January 22, 2011

Alabama Whirlwind

So this week has been eventful on many different accounts. Lets start from last weekend. My sister and brother-in-law came up to see us. It was still very cold, icy and snowy which meant we couldn't do a whole lot. We had a great visit though, no nastiness in weather will ever stop that.

Mike had an interview within his company for a new position. He is currently an automation specialist (fancy words huh). He interviewed for a shift production manager. He hadn't thought about getting back into management yet but when the plant manager approached him and very adamantly requested him to apply for the job he very well couldn't turn them down. He applied for it a few weeks back and once we got back from California they wanted to set up his interview. Fast forward to Monday, he was extremely nervous, a complete man disaster of emotions. Anyway I told him that he would do wonderful, he was the man for the job, that they already liked him, and for him to just be himself. He comes back with "But honey you just don't know how goofy I am." to which I replied "Honey I know just how goofy you are and that makes me love you more. You have to give me more credit than that." The interview was over an hour and he had to sit in front of a panel of 8 managers. Now if that isn't scary I don't know what it. He called me on his way home and said he thought it went good but he wasn't for sure. There were others they had to interview. He was stressed all evening and went over every little detail, I don't know how many times, when I finally said "Mike, you did the best you could do and just wait to see what they thought before you over analyze it." They had their final interview with a guy on Tuesday and I think before the guy even got out of the parking lot Mike was hearing "Congratulations! You are going to get a job offer soon.". Mike was taken aback. Well on Thursday the Plant Manager called him into his office and handed him the job offer personally. Mike said they talked for a good while and Mike made him tell him that he was the one for the job. (Way to try to stroke that ego. LOL) So Mike and I sat down and talked about it, sort of. There are a LOT of positives to the position but there are also a good bit of negatives. I couldn't see past the negatives and Mike couldn't see past the positives. I think thats one reason we fit well together, now if he would just listen to me things would be great. Haha! Don't get me wrong I'm not always into the negatives, I've always been glass half full type of gal but our life was finally on track for the first time in years and I didn't want that to change. I'm a sociable creature of habit. Mike's a hermit of change, lots and lots of change. He went back to work on Friday and made a counter offer (come on you know you have to haggle) and they came back with another. They agreed and Mike took the offer. I was not real happy because like I said things will change, for the better I'm not guaranteed, for the worse eh lets hope not. Mike will be working a lot, something I am not a fan of, and when I say a lot I mean 8 days a week. I've been promised that it will not be a permanent thing but that after he gets things straightened out it will be better. Well when will that be you ask, WE DON"T KNOW. He will be working 2nd shift which is 3-11 but will most likely be more than that which means him getting home after midnight. YUCK, YUCK, AND YUCK! Mike having a gratifying job he is proud of, priceless. He wants a challenge, he craves a challenge, he takes it on, head on, and says 'bring it'. One of the things that I was reminded yesterday by a wonderful friend is that I need to really start to rely on my friends more and to put situations in God's hands and to quit stressing so much. That I am not alone. Anyway I will keep you all posted on the new job fight when it starts on February 2nd.

What has mama done this week you ask. Well I have been potty training or at least attempting to potty train my child. The first day was straight up horrible! Horrible I tell you!! Wanted to say eff it stay in diapers all your life but I will put you in a home. Haha! Not really but you know. The second day was so much better. She at least tried unlike day one. The next day or as I refer to it "Emotional wreck day" was wobbly at first. She woke up very emotional about the whole thing. I can understand I mean she has never had to worry about using the bathroom. SHe has never had to pay attention to the urge or having to go to a certain spot to go. So we worked through it and after a time out she decided 'maybe this woman is serious' and she started using the bathroom. But every day it's like starting again. Reminding her, taking her, threatening (not terrible threats though, I'm not that mean, if anything I'm very soft) and lots of praise and stickers to add to her book, she gets it by the end of the day. Then the next day we start again. People keep promising me that she will get it one day. Really? Yeah well how does mama's sanity stay in tact? Huh? Huh? Huh? Yeah that's what I thought.

We once again got snow this past week. Really, really sick of the @%^*& snow!! You hear me mother nature?? LOL! And guess what it is in the forecast for this next week. Phooey on you nature, just phooey! I am excited though for this coming weekend. Mike, Claire and I will head to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee along with my parents and Seneca and Brad (the sister and her mate) for a long, relaxing, cold weekend! Woohooooo!!! Can't wait! We shall take loads of pictures as usual. (Side note: We already have a ton of film to develop, why would we add to that?) I will be going to Georgia for a few days in February and then I will head back down in March to see one of my oldest and dearest friends. She will be home from England for a visit. I will finally get to meet her beautiful baby boys and she will get to meet my Claire. YAY!!!

That is enough for now I reckon. Don't want to bore you all! Thanks for stopping by and keeping up with the Keene's! I'll add a little funny video from a lady in the ATL. California people, quit rubbing it in our faces. K thanks!

No comments: