Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Family Is Pretty Amazing

Mike had his first day off in 2 weeks today. We decided to fill it to the brim (no pun intended). We got up this morning, got ready and went to Wal-Mart (aka the devil or as Claire knows it 'my favorite store') purchased a couple of fishing license's and some worms. We headed out to a nice boat landing and found us a spot. Besides the snake crawling (like a bat out of hell) and the smell of icky dead fish it was a beautiful spot. We cast our lines and lost our bait time after time. I almost lost my shoe to the water (funny story whhhhaaaa had happened was) and Claire tried to push me in said icky water. Mike was getting a tad irritable because if any of you have toddlers you know how they can be (fixate on things and will worry you to death about whatever it is they are fixated on). We actually had lots of laughs at our own expense. Not to mention an older gentleman that reminded me of my grandfather warned us 'he has killed some upper amount of bad snakes in these parts.' You really can't make these things up! When we first got there there were some true to the word southern people. The one guy (I kid you not first thing out of his mouth) "Hey did you see dat somma.....He was sumthin to rekon with". Mike could not keep a straight face. I heard him from inside the car, you know the car I was thinking of staying in. Anyway it was good times. After Mike lost 2 lures and I almost caught my child with my baited hook we decided we should rap up the fishing and head to a park.

We drove to one of Athens' parks and had lunch (I had packed a picnic). We played and went down slides and walked across tar bridges and smacked our heads a time or 2. The ice cream truck came through (what a place to do business for them guys, all 'the i want ice cream mama or daddy.' Thanks.) Thank goodness our child isn't really concerned with ice cream. She isn't really concerned with eating anything when there is playing involved. We stayed for a bit then decided to come home to enjoy our own back yard. Claire and I filled her pool up with very cold water. She tossed her zebra and garfield in the water (they evidently wanted to take a dip). Mike came out in his swim trunks (I'm not sure if he thought the pool was big enough for a dip). Claire's eyes lit up. She LOVES her daddy to pieces. I truly don't think she takes one second with him for granted. She has laughed, shadowed and talked him into so many things.

We brought the party inside where daddy gave her her bath and mama cooked her pizza and cookies. She has played guitar, shaken what her mama gave her (which evidently isn't any good moves), ate herself silly, and is now sitting on the couch in daddy's lap watching Robin Hood. Yes people I am truly blessed to have one AMAZING family. I thank God for days like this and the memories he is allowing us to make with our Beautiful little girl. I can not wait for more days like today.

No comments: