Monday, April 9, 2012

Putting Money Where Your Mouth Is

Over the past year my family has moved, yet again, and built our lives from the ground up in a new community. I have met some really awesome people here and we have never had such a social life before. The people are welcoming like no other place we have been before.

Over the past year I have had some people say some pretty distasteful things about me and then I have others build me up again. I find myself dwelling on the nasty things said rather than the amazing things that have been said. Why do I do this to myself? I finally have realized that the people who say these things really don't know any better. What do I mean by this? It means they really don't know me at all. They have never bothered to take off their sunglasses and see the true beauty around them. They are aliens to me. I don't know them either, but not because I haven't tried. We all know that Satan is constantly at work destroying God's beauty which is you and I. If he can get one person to listen then the seed is planted. I'm working on not listening to the things I hear. They are called rumors for a reason. I just wish others would do the same.

One thing I do believe is Jesus Christ died for my sins, all of them. I am not perfect by any means but I do know I have a good heart and try and have the best intentions. I also know God loves me, "Just As I Am". He sends people into my life for a reason, good and bad. I will say that the ones that love me out weigh the ones that don't. So to those that love me, Thank You! To the ones that don't, it's ok I forgive you.

This past weekend was Easter. What an amazing time for every one, well most every one. I have thought a lot about it. I can parallel myself to Jesus to an extent but not really. We are completely different yet similar. He is a man without sin. I am obviously a woman with sin. He had people who loved Him, no questions. I have people who love me, no questions. He had people who loathed Him for no reason. I have people who loathe me for no reason. He gave His life for those that loved Him and those that persecuted Him. And then it stops there. Would you give your life for people who hated you? I know some soldiers that have but would you?

Anyway we did the Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday and we had an amazing Easter Sunday. We decided not to do an Easter basket for Claire. I know, I know how aweful. We wanted Claire to know what Easter is all about. It isn't about the commercial things that we associate with Easter. It is about the sinless man that gave His life for everyone's sins to be forgiven. For those that persecuted Him and those that loved Him. I think things are too commercialized these days. So instead we gave to others. We did however go out for ice cream.

So to those that have called me a hypocrite, heartless, lacking compassion and rude, I hope next time you call someone ugly names you get to know them first before talking. Just because I don't go around bragging about every little good deed I do doesn't mean I don't do them. It isn't for everyone to know, it's for my God to know. And thank goodness He knows my true heart! So while you went all out on the extravagent Easter baskets for your children I gave to someone else. God bless you all!

*Disclaimer: I'm not saying all of you that did the Easter baskets are horrible by any means! I just want Claire to know what the reason for Easter is and it's not the Bunny. And it's meant for those that need to learn what truth is and what rumor is!

No comments: